Convert AI to PNG - online and free
How to convert a AI to a PNG file?
- Choose the AI file that you want to convert.
- Select PNG as the the format you want to convert your AI file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your AI file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Adobe Illustrator is the standard program for opening AI files but you can also use Inkscape - a free open source program.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||Adobe Illustrator Artwork was developed by Adobe Systems for single page vector based drawings in either EPS or PDF formats. The AI format is a strictly limited simplified subset of the EPS format. It is the standard format used when saving out Adobe Illustrator files.|
|Technical Details||Earlier versions of the AI format are restricted syntax that conform to DSC's Open Structuring Conventions. It was originally a native format called PGF. In order to make PDF files compatible can be achieved by embedding the PGF data within the saved PDF file. This same technique is used when saving EPS compatible files in recent versions of Illustrator.|
|Description||PNG pronounced ping is a format for storing bitmapped (raster) images on computers. It was created originally to replace the GIF file format when it was announced that the companies who created the GIF format wanted royalties. PNG uses indexed colors and lossless compression (like a .GIF file), but without those copyright limitations; it cannot be animated like a GIF image.|
|Technical Details||PNG images are in many ways better than .GIF as they also include an 8-bit transparency channel, which allows the colors in the image to fade from opaque to transparent; GIF images only support fully opaque or fully transparent pixels. PNG supports palettes of 24-bit RGB colors, RGB images or greyscale or RGB images. PNG was intended to be able to transfer images on the Internet, not professional graphics, and so does not support other colour spaces (such as CMYK).|
|Developed by||PNG Development Group|
Convert AI file
- ai to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- ai to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- ai to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- ai to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- ai to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- ai to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- ai to svg (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- ai to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- ai to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- ai to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- ai to webp (Lossily compressed image file)