Convert XLS to PNG - online and free
How to convert a XLS to a PNG file?
- Choose the XLS file that you want to convert.
- Select PNG as the the format you want to convert your XLS file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your XLS file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Microsoft Office, Libre Office or if you own a Mac you can use Numbers to open XLS files.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||Microsoft Excel is a commercial spreadsheet application written and distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. Pre-2007 versions of Excel use XLS as the primary format for saving files. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. It has been a very widely applied spreadsheet for these platforms, especially since version 5 in 1993, and it has almost completely replaced Lotus 1-2-3 as the industry standard for spreadsheets. Excel forms part of Microsoft Office. The current versions are 2010 for Microsoft Windows and 2011 for Mac OS X.|
|Technical Details||Microsoft Excel up until 2007 version used a proprietary binary file format called Binary Interchange File Format (BIFF) as its primary format. Used as the basis for XLS files it is a persistence format that supports authoring and manipulating content in workbooks and workbook templates. Most versions of Microsoft Excel can read CSV, DBF, SYLK, DIF, and other legacy formats.|
|Description||PNG pronounced ping is a format for storing bitmapped (raster) images on computers. It was created originally to replace the GIF file format when it was announced that the companies who created the GIF format wanted royalties. PNG uses indexed colors and lossless compression (like a .GIF file), but without those copyright limitations; it cannot be animated like a GIF image.|
|Technical Details||PNG images are in many ways better than .GIF as they also include an 8-bit transparency channel, which allows the colors in the image to fade from opaque to transparent; GIF images only support fully opaque or fully transparent pixels. PNG supports palettes of 24-bit RGB colors, RGB images or greyscale or RGB images. PNG was intended to be able to transfer images on the Internet, not professional graphics, and so does not support other colour spaces (such as CMYK).|
|Developed by||PNG Development Group|
Convert XLS file
- xls to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- xls to csv (Comma Separated Values)
- xls to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- xls to html (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xls to html4 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xls to html5 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xls to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- xls to mdb (Microsoft Access Database)
- xls to numbers (Apple iWork Numbers Spreadsheet)
- xls to numbers09 (Apple iWork '09 Numbers Spreadsheet)
- xls to ods (OpenDocument spreadsheet)
- xls to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- xls to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- xls to rtf (Rich Text Format)
- xls to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- xls to txt (Text Document)
- xls to xlsx (Microsoft Excel 2007 Spreadsheet)
- xls to xml (Extensible Markup Language)