Convert 3GP to WAV - online and free - this page also contains information on the 3GP and WAV file extensions.
How to convert a 3GP to a WAV file?
- Choose the 3GP file that you want to convert.
- Select WAV as the the format you want to convert your 3GP file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your 3GP file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use the Quicktime player to open 3GP files. Should that not work you could consider trying the free VLC player.
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||3GP is a file format designed for video on mobile phones. 3GP is a container that facilitates the creation, editing, transfer and viewing of video and audio using a 3G mobile phone. It is supported by most smartphones, including the Apple iPhone.|
|Actions||3GP to WAV - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||3GP is based on the structure of MPEG-4 Part 14, otherwise known as MP4. 3GP was designed to reduce the overhead in terms of storage and bandwidth to allow video files that could be handled by smartphones.|
|Associated programs||QuickTime Player
VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)|
|Useful links||More Information on 3GP
Official Specification from 3GPP Organisation
Convert 3GP file
|Description||WAV (WAVE) files are audio files playable via multimedia playback software such as Windows Media Player and other software available for your operating system. These files contain any sounds such as sound effects, music or spoken words. WAV files are large in size and with the advent of MP3 and MP4 WAV files are becoming less popular and less common. They were created and developed by IBM and Microsoft but unlike MP3 and MP4 the WAV file format does not use a form of lossy compression so file sizes are therefore much bigger and now less popular.|
|Actions||Convert WAV file
View other music file formats
|Technical Details||Wav files are the standard digital audio format in Windows. Using the .WAV file extension, 8- or 16-bit samples can be taken at rates of 11,025 Hz, 22,050 Hz and 44,100 Hz. The highest quality being th 16-bit at 44,100 HZ, this highest level is the sampling rate of an audio CD and uses 88KB of storage per second. All general sounds in Windows, such as when you log in, are in the .WAV format. The default content of a WAV file is uncompressed (although they can be used to store compressed formats such as MP3), pulse code modulated (PCM) digital samples derived from the analog source.|
|Associated programs||CyberLink PowerDirector
Microsoft Windows Media Player
Roxio Creator 2009
|Developed by||Microsoft & IBM|
|Useful links||Find out more about the WAV format
When to use WAV files ?
Convert WAV file
Convert 3GP file
- 3gp to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- 3gp to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- 3gp to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- 3gp to avi (Windows video file)
- 3gp to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- 3gp to flv (Flash video)
- 3gp to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- 3gp to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- 3gp to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- 3gp to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- 3gp to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- 3gp to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- 3gp to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- 3gp to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- 3gp to wav (Windows audio file)
- 3gp to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- 3gp to wmv (Windows Media Video)