Convert 3GP to MP3 - online and free
How to convert a 3GP to a MP3 file?
- Choose the 3GP file that you want to convert.
- Select MP3 as the the format you want to convert your 3GP file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your 3GP file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use the Quicktime player to open 3GP files. Should that not work you could consider trying the free VLC player.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||3GP is a file format designed for video on mobile phones. 3GP is a container that facilitates the creation, editing, transfer and viewing of video and audio using a 3G mobile phone. It is supported by most smartphones, including the Apple iPhone.|
|Technical Details||3GP is based on the structure of MPEG-4 Part 14, otherwise known as MP4. 3GP was designed to reduce the overhead in terms of storage and bandwidth to allow video files that could be handled by smartphones.|
|Developed by||3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)|
|Description||MP3 is a digital music format which allows CD tracks to be reduced to around a tenth of their normal size without a significant loss of quality. MP3 gets rid of a lot of the information recorded in a song that our ears are not able to hear and then uses complex algorithms to reduce the file size. This then enables you to get hundreds of songs on to a CD and it also has opened up a new market over the internet - the download market as download times have been significantly reduced.|
|Technical Details||The MP3 format is a lossy format. That means that an MP3 file does not contain 100% of the original audio information. Instead, MP3 files use perceptual coding. In other words, that means it removes the information that your ear doesn't notice thereby making the file smaller. The reason lossy formats are used over RAW is that RAW audio files are too large to travel over the internet at any great speed. By using lossy formats it enables even dial up users to download mp3 files at a reasonable speed. RAW file formats generally require 176,000 bytes per second compared to a lossy format which requires 17,600. The difference is massive and so are the download times.|
|Developed by||Moving Picture Experts Group|
Convert 3GP file
- 3gp to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- 3gp to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- 3gp to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- 3gp to avi (Windows video file)
- 3gp to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- 3gp to flv (Flash video)
- 3gp to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- 3gp to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- 3gp to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- 3gp to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- 3gp to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- 3gp to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- 3gp to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- 3gp to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- 3gp to wav (Windows audio file)
- 3gp to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- 3gp to wmv (Windows Media Video)