Convert WMV to MP3 - online and free
How to convert a WMV to a MP3 file?
- Choose the WMV file that you want to convert.
- Select MP3 as the the format you want to convert your WMV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your WMV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Should you wish to open WMV files then you can use the Microsoft Windows Media Player.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||WMV files are a type of video file (usually containing audio) from Microsoft. These files can be played on a variety of video players on both Mac and PC machines. Some WMV files may have digital rights management (DRM) protection which prevents users from making unauthorized copies of files purchased in online stores.|
|Technical Details||Windows Media Video (WMV) is a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. These files are based on the Microsoft Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format encoded using the Windows Media Video (WMV) codec.|
|Description||MP3 is a digital music format which allows CD tracks to be reduced to around a tenth of their normal size without a significant loss of quality. MP3 gets rid of a lot of the information recorded in a song that our ears are not able to hear and then uses complex algorithms to reduce the file size. This then enables you to get hundreds of songs on to a CD and it also has opened up a new market over the internet - the download market as download times have been significantly reduced.|
|Technical Details||The MP3 format is a lossy format. That means that an MP3 file does not contain 100% of the original audio information. Instead, MP3 files use perceptual coding. In other words, that means it removes the information that your ear doesn't notice thereby making the file smaller. The reason lossy formats are used over RAW is that RAW audio files are too large to travel over the internet at any great speed. By using lossy formats it enables even dial up users to download mp3 files at a reasonable speed. RAW file formats generally require 176,000 bytes per second compared to a lossy format which requires 17,600. The difference is massive and so are the download times.|
|Developed by||Moving Picture Experts Group|
Convert WMV file
- wmv to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- wmv to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- wmv to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- wmv to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- wmv to avi (Windows video file)
- wmv to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- wmv to flv (Flash video)
- wmv to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- wmv to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- wmv to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- wmv to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- wmv to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- wmv to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- wmv to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- wmv to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- wmv to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- wmv to wav (Windows audio file)
- wmv to webm (Multimedia Container Format)