Convert WMV to MPG - online and free
How to convert a WMV to a MPG file?
- Choose the WMV file that you want to convert.
- Select MPG as the the format you want to convert your WMV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your WMV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Should you wish to open WMV files then you can use the Microsoft Windows Media Player.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||WMV files are a type of video file (usually containing audio) from Microsoft. These files can be played on a variety of video players on both Mac and PC machines. Some WMV files may have digital rights management (DRM) protection which prevents users from making unauthorized copies of files purchased in online stores.|
|Technical Details||Windows Media Video (WMV) is a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. These files are based on the Microsoft Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format encoded using the Windows Media Video (WMV) codec.|
|Description||MPG is commonly associated with video and audio compressions MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. This is designed to compress audio and video to formats that can be downloaded. Movies with this extension are of lower sizes and greater quality, but quality differs from original VCR videos. This file format can run on Mac, Windows and other portable devices.|
|Technical Details||MPEG-1 is a standard for lossy compression of video and audio. It is designed to compress VHS-quality RAW digital video and CD audio down to 1.5 Mbit/s (26:1 and 6:1 compression ratios respectively) without excessive quality loss, making video CDs, digital cable/satellite TV and digital audio broadcasting (DAB) possible. Today, MPEG-1 has become the most widely compatible lossy audio/video format in the world, and is used in a large number of products and technologies. Perhaps the best-known part of the MPEG-1 standard is the MP3 audio format it introduced.|
|Developed by||ISO, IEC|
Convert WMV file
- wmv to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- wmv to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- wmv to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- wmv to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- wmv to avi (Windows video file)
- wmv to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- wmv to flv (Flash video)
- wmv to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- wmv to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- wmv to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- wmv to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- wmv to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- wmv to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- wmv to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- wmv to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- wmv to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- wmv to wav (Windows audio file)
- wmv to webm (Multimedia Container Format)