Convert MP4 to MPG - online and free - this page also contains information on the MP4 and MPG file extensions.
How to convert a MP4 to a MPG file?
- Choose the MP4 file that you want to convert.
- Select MPG as the the format you want to convert your MP4 file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your MP4 file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: If you are on a Mac then you can use the Quicktime player which is bundled with the Mac OS to open MP4 files.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||MP4 files (MPEG-4 Part 14) are multimedia files. MP4 is a container format that can store video, audio and subtitle data (as well as more depending on content). Since stores like iTunes uses this container format, and it is used with iPod and PlayStation Portable (PSP), MP4 files have become more common.|
|Actions||MP4 to MPG - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4, formally ISO/IEC 14496-14:2003, is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4. It is most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, especially those defined by MPEG, but can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. Like most modern container formats, MPEG-4 Part 14 allows streaming over the Internet. A separate hint track is used to include streaming information in the file. The only official filename extension for MPEG-4 Part 14 files is .mp4.|
|Associated programs||Apple QuickTime Player
Microsoft Windows Media Player
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
|Developed by||Moving Picture Experts Group|
|Useful links||Detailed information on the MP4 File Format
How to play MP4 files
|Description||MPG is commonly associated with video and audio compressions MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. This is designed to compress audio and video to formats that can be downloaded. Movies with this extension are of lower sizes and greater quality, but quality differs from original VCR videos. This file format can run on Mac, Windows and other portable devices.|
|Actions||Convert MPG file
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||MPEG-1 is a standard for lossy compression of video and audio. It is designed to compress VHS-quality RAW digital video and CD audio down to 1.5 Mbit/s (26:1 and 6:1 compression ratios respectively) without excessive quality loss, making video CDs, digital cable/satellite TV and digital audio broadcasting (DAB) possible. Today, MPEG-1 has become the most widely compatible lossy audio/video format in the world, and is used in a large number of products and technologies. Perhaps the best-known part of the MPEG-1 standard is the MP3 audio format it introduced.|
|Associated programs||VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||ISO, IEC|
|Useful links||Detailed information on the MPG File Format
How to play MPG files
Convert MPG file
Convert MP4 file
- mp4 to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- mp4 to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- mp4 to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- mp4 to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- mp4 to avi (Windows video file)
- mp4 to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- mp4 to flv (Flash video)
- mp4 to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- mp4 to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mp4 to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mp4 to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mp4 to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- mp4 to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- mp4 to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- mp4 to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- mp4 to wav (Windows audio file)
- mp4 to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- mp4 to wmv (Windows Media Video)
Other Useful Conversions: