Convert MP4 to AC3 - online and free - this page also contains information on the MP4 and AC3 file extensions.
How to convert a MP4 to a AC3 file?
- Choose the MP4 file that you want to convert.
- Select AC3 as the the format you want to convert your MP4 file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your MP4 file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: If you are on a Mac then you can use the Quicktime player which is bundled with the Mac OS to open MP4 files.
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||MP4 files (MPEG-4 Part 14) are multimedia files. MP4 is a container format that can store video, audio and subtitle data (as well as more depending on content). Since stores like iTunes uses this container format, and it is used with iPod and PlayStation Portable (PSP), MP4 files have become more common.|
|Actions||MP4 to AC3 - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4, formally ISO/IEC 14496-14:2003, is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4. It is most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, especially those defined by MPEG, but can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. Like most modern container formats, MPEG-4 Part 14 allows streaming over the Internet. A separate hint track is used to include streaming information in the file. The only official filename extension for MPEG-4 Part 14 files is .mp4.|
|Associated programs||Apple QuickTime Player
Microsoft Windows Media Player
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
|Developed by||Moving Picture Experts Group|
|Useful links||Detailed information on the MP4 File Format
How to play MP4 files
Convert MP4 file
|Description||AC3 is an audio file specifically developed by Dolby Digital to provide surround sound audio. The format is used for audio on many DVD and Blu-Ray media. In order for the file to be correctly decoded and output, a DVD player with a Dolby Digital compatible home cinema system is required. It became the de facto standard for surround sound, and has held that position since its inception in 1992, with it coming to home cinema in 1995.|
|Actions||Convert AC3 file
View other audio file formats
|Technical Details||AC3 allows for separate audio to be defined for each of the 6 speakers in the standard cinema and home cinema setup. This produces the effect of surround sound to the person listening to the audio file. The six channels consist of right front, center, left front, rear right, rear left and a sub woofer.|
|Associated programs||QuickTime Player
VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Dolby Digital|
|Useful links||Information on AC3
Offiial Dolby Digital Website
Convert AC3 file
Convert MP4 file
- mp4 to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- mp4 to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- mp4 to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- mp4 to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- mp4 to avi (Windows video file)
- mp4 to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- mp4 to flv (Flash video)
- mp4 to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- mp4 to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mp4 to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mp4 to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mp4 to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- mp4 to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- mp4 to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- mp4 to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- mp4 to wav (Windows audio file)
- mp4 to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- mp4 to wmv (Windows Media Video)