Convert MP4 to WAV - online and free
How to convert a MP4 to a WAV file?
- Choose the MP4 file that you want to convert.
- Select WAV as the the format you want to convert your MP4 file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your MP4 file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: If you are on a Mac then you can use the Quicktime player which is bundled with the Mac OS to open MP4 files.
Or choose a different format
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||MP4 files (MPEG-4 Part 14) are multimedia files. MP4 is a container format that can store video, audio and subtitle data (as well as more depending on content). Since stores like iTunes uses this container format, and it is used with iPod and PlayStation Portable (PSP), MP4 files have become more common.|
|Technical Details||MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4, formally ISO/IEC 14496-14:2003, is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4. It is most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, especially those defined by MPEG, but can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. Like most modern container formats, MPEG-4 Part 14 allows streaming over the Internet. A separate hint track is used to include streaming information in the file. The only official filename extension for MPEG-4 Part 14 files is .mp4.|
|Developed by||Moving Picture Experts Group|
|Description||The WAV file is one of the simplest digital audio file formats. It was originally developed back in 1991 for use within Windows 3.1 but today it is the gold standard in studio recording and one of the most popular digital audio formats. As they are stored in an uncompressed format they are enormously versatile and allow for easy editing and manipulation. One minor drawback is that the file sizes can be huge which can make them a little impractical.|
|Technical Details||A file with the WAV file extension is a Waveform audio file format and is a container that stores data in segments. It was originally developed by Microsoft and IBM and stores uncompressed lossless audio which results in very large file sizes. The format uses containers to store the audio data, track numbers, sample rate and bit rate.|
|Developed by||Microsoft & IBM|
Convert MP4 file
- mp4 to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- mp4 to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- mp4 to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- mp4 to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- mp4 to avi (Windows video file)
- mp4 to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- mp4 to flv (Flash video)
- mp4 to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- mp4 to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mp4 to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mp4 to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mp4 to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- mp4 to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- mp4 to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- mp4 to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- mp4 to wav (Windows audio file)
- mp4 to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- mp4 to wmv (Windows Media Video)