Convert M4V to WAV - online and free
How to convert a M4V to a WAV file?
- Choose the M4V file that you want to convert.
- Select WAV as the the format you want to convert your M4V file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your M4V file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can play M4V files through Quicktime or through Apples iTunes product.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||The M4V file format was developed by Apple. It is very similar to the MP4 file type, with the main difference being that M4V may contain Apple's DRM protection, Fairplay. Video content downloaded from the iTunes store is likely to be in M4V format. If M4V file does have DRM enabled then the iTunes account used to procure the file will need to be authenticated on the computer playing the file.|
|Technical Details||The M4V file is a container that allows audio and video. In certain circumstances where Apple's DRM has not be applied to the file, it is possible to play the file from a different unauthenticated computer by amending the file extension from .m4v to .mp4. Additionally m4v provides the functionality to create chapter information which is not possible with MP4.|
|Description||The WAV file is one of the simplest digital audio file formats. It was originally developed back in 1991 for use within Windows 3.1 but today it is the gold standard in studio recording and one of the most popular digital audio formats. As they are stored in an uncompressed format they are enormously versatile and allow for easy editing and manipulation. One minor drawback is that the file sizes can be huge which can make them a little impractical.|
|Technical Details||A file with the WAV file extension is a Waveform audio file format and is a container that stores data in segments. It was originally developed by Microsoft and IBM and stores uncompressed lossless audio which results in very large file sizes. The format uses containers to store the audio data, track numbers, sample rate and bit rate.|
|Developed by||Microsoft & IBM|
Convert M4V file
- m4v to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- m4v to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- m4v to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- m4v to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- m4v to avi (Windows video file)
- m4v to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- m4v to flv (Flash video)
- m4v to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- m4v to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- m4v to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- m4v to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- m4v to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- m4v to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- m4v to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- m4v to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- m4v to wav (Windows audio file)
- m4v to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- m4v to wmv (Windows Media Video)