Convert XCF to PDF - online and free
How to convert a XCF to a PDF file?
- Choose the XCF file that you want to convert.
- Select PDF as the the format you want to convert your XCF file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your XCF file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You should consider using the open source GIMP tool to open XCF files.
Or choose a different format
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||The XCF file format is an image file created by the GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), a freely distributed image editing program. XCF files are similar in makeup to a Photoshop PSD, supporting layers, channels, transparency, paths and guides. The XCF file format is backward compatible (all versions of GIMP can open earlier versions' files) and in some cases, forward compatible. Using XCF as for data interchange is not recommended by the developers of GIMP, as there may be format changes in future versions and XCF reflects various internal data structures for GIMP.|
|Technical Details||The XCF format is designed to store the entire part of the state of the Gimp that is specific to one image, apart from undo data. An XCF file is a sequence of bytes which describes a stack of layers and channels on a canvas, which is effectively just a rectangular viewport for the layers and channels. It contains a series of data structures with the main image structure coming at the very beginning of the file. The first 9 bytes of an XCF file are the ASCII string "gimp xcf "|
|Developed by||eXperimental Computing Facility of the University of California at Berkeley|
|Description||PDF is a file format developed by Adobe Systems for representing documents in a manner that is separate from the original operating system, application or hardware from where it was originally created. A PDF file can be any length, contain any number of fonts and images and is designed to enable the creation and transfer of printer-ready output.|
|Technical Details||Each PDF file encapsulates a complete description of a 2D document (and, with the advent of Acrobat 3D, embedded 3D documents) that includes the text, fonts, images and 2D vector graphics that compose the document. They do not encode information that is specific to the application software, hardware, or operating system used to create or view the document.|
|Developed by||Adobe Systems|
Convert XCF file
- xcf to ai (Adobe Illustrator Artwork)
- xcf to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- xcf to eps (Encapsulated PostScript)
- xcf to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- xcf to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- xcf to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- xcf to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- xcf to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- xcf to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- xcf to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- xcf to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- xcf to webp (Lossily compressed image file)