Convert DOC to TIFF - online and free - this page also contains information on the DOC and TIFF file extensions.
How to convert a DOC to a TIFF file?
- Choose the DOC file that you want to convert.
- Select TIFF as the the format you want to convert your DOC file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your DOC file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Microsoft Office, Libre Office or if you own a Mac you can use Pages to open DOC files.
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||Doc (an abbreviation of document) is a file extension for word processing documents; it is associated mainly with Microsoft and their Microsoft Word application. Historically, it was used for documentation in plain-text format, particularly of programs or computer hardware, on a wide range of operating systems. Almost everyone would have used the doc file format, whenever you write a letter, do some work or generally write on your PC you will use the doc file format. It was in the 1990s that Microsoft chose the doc extension for their proprietary Microsoft Word processing formats. As PC technology has grown the original uses for the extension have become less important and have largely disappeared from the PC world.|
|Actions||DOC to TIFF - Convert file now
View other document file formats
|Technical Details||Early versions of the doc file format contained mostly formatted text, however development of the format has allowed doc files to contain a wide variety of embedded objects such as charts and tables from other applications as well as media such as videos, images, sounds and diagrams. doc files can also contain mail merge information, which allows a word-processed template to be used in conjunction with a spreadsheet or database.|
|Useful links||More detailed information on doc files
Free alternatives to Microsoft to open doc files
Microsoft Office binary file format specifications
Convert DOC file
|Description||Tiff was originally created by a company called Aldus, and is now owned by Adobe systems, it is a file format for storing images, including line art and photographs. It was created due to the popularity of scanners and was thought-up to become the standard scanned image file format. It is a popular format for high-colour-depth images and it has also been adapted to accommodate greyscale images.|
|Actions||Convert TIFF file
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||A TIFF file is made up of many different blocks which define the palette data or the LZW-compressed body among other things. The byte order is either Motorola or Intel depending on the first word. if it is MM, then you have Motorola byte ordering and likewise if it is II it means you have Intel byte ordering. Each TIFF file begins with an image file header which then points to an image file directory which contains the image data and image information.|
|Associated programs||CyberLink PowerDVD
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Aldus, Adobe Systems|
|Useful links||More information about what a TIFF file is
How can you open a TIFF file ?
Convert TIFF file
Convert DOC file
- doc to azw3 (Amazon KF8 eBook File)
- doc to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- doc to docx (Microsoft Word 2007 Document)
- doc to epub (Open eBook File)
- doc to fb2 (FictionBook 2.0 File)
- doc to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- doc to html (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to html4 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to html5 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- doc to lit (Microsoft eBook File)
- doc to lrf (Sony Portable Reader File)
- doc to mobi (Mobipocket eBook)
- doc to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- doc to odt (OpenDocument text)
- doc to oeb (Open eBook File)
- doc to pages (Apple iWork Pages Document)
- doc to pages09 (Apple iWork '09 Pages Document)
- doc to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- doc to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- doc to pml (eBook File)
- doc to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- doc to ps (PostScript)
- doc to rb (RocketEdition eBook File)
- doc to tcr (Psion eBook File)
- doc to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- doc to thumbnail (Thumbnail image)
- doc to txt (Text Document)