Convert DOC to BMP - online and free - this page also contains information on the DOC and BMP file extensions.
How to convert a DOC to a BMP file?
- Choose the DOC file that you want to convert.
- Select BMP as the the format you want to convert your DOC file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your DOC file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Microsoft Office, Libre Office or if you own a Mac you can use Pages to open DOC files.
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||Doc (an abbreviation of document) is a file extension for word processing documents; it is associated mainly with Microsoft and their Microsoft Word application. Historically, it was used for documentation in plain-text format, particularly of programs or computer hardware, on a wide range of operating systems. Almost everyone would have used the doc file format, whenever you write a letter, do some work or generally write on your PC you will use the doc file format. It was in the 1990s that Microsoft chose the doc extension for their proprietary Microsoft Word processing formats. As PC technology has grown the original uses for the extension have become less important and have largely disappeared from the PC world.|
|Actions||DOC to BMP - Convert file now
View other document file formats
|Technical Details||Early versions of the doc file format contained mostly formatted text, however development of the format has allowed doc files to contain a wide variety of embedded objects such as charts and tables from other applications as well as media such as videos, images, sounds and diagrams. doc files can also contain mail merge information, which allows a word-processed template to be used in conjunction with a spreadsheet or database.|
|Useful links||More detailed information on doc files
Free alternatives to Microsoft to open doc files
Microsoft Office binary file format specifications
Convert DOC file
|Description||BMP is a standard image file format which was historically used by computers running the Windows operating system. The format is more commonly know as Bitmap files. The term bitmap was originally coined in computer programming to refer to a map of bits. Historically when you saved an image on your home PC you might have saved it as a .bhp file, this is becoming less common with .jpeg the preferred image file format with the advent of digital cameras.|
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||Bitmap files are housed in a device-independent bitmap (DIB) format. The term device independent means that the bitmap specifies pixel color in a form independent of the method used by a display to represent color. This enables Windows to show the bitmap on any type of display device - such as your monitor.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop
Microsoft Photo Editor
|Useful links||More detailed information on BMP files
What programs can I use to open a BMP file ?
Convert DOC file
- doc to azw3 (Amazon KF8 eBook File)
- doc to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- doc to docx (Microsoft Word 2007 Document)
- doc to epub (Open eBook File)
- doc to fb2 (FictionBook 2.0 File)
- doc to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- doc to html (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to html4 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to html5 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- doc to lit (Microsoft eBook File)
- doc to lrf (Sony Portable Reader File)
- doc to mobi (Mobipocket eBook)
- doc to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- doc to odt (OpenDocument text)
- doc to oeb (Open eBook File)
- doc to pages (Apple iWork Pages Document)
- doc to pages09 (Apple iWork '09 Pages Document)
- doc to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- doc to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- doc to pml (eBook File)
- doc to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- doc to ps (PostScript)
- doc to rb (RocketEdition eBook File)
- doc to tcr (Psion eBook File)
- doc to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- doc to thumbnail (Thumbnail image)
- doc to txt (Text Document)
Other Useful Conversions: