Convert XLS to TIFF - online and free
How to convert a XLS to a TIFF file?
- Choose the XLS file that you want to convert.
- Select TIFF as the the format you want to convert your XLS file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your XLS file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Microsoft Office, Libre Office or if you own a Mac you can use Numbers to open XLS files.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||Microsoft Excel is a commercial spreadsheet application written and distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. Pre-2007 versions of Excel use XLS as the primary format for saving files. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. It has been a very widely applied spreadsheet for these platforms, especially since version 5 in 1993, and it has almost completely replaced Lotus 1-2-3 as the industry standard for spreadsheets. Excel forms part of Microsoft Office. The current versions are 2010 for Microsoft Windows and 2011 for Mac OS X.|
|Actions||XLS to TIFF - Convert file now
View other document file formats
|Technical Details||Microsoft Excel up until 2007 version used a proprietary binary file format called Binary Interchange File Format (BIFF) as its primary format. Used as the basis for XLS files it is a persistence format that supports authoring and manipulating content in workbooks and workbook templates. Most versions of Microsoft Excel can read CSV, DBF, SYLK, DIF, and other legacy formats.|
|Associated programs||Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel Viewer
|Useful links||More detail about the XLS format
How to open an XLS file without Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Office binary file format specifications
|Description||Tiff was originally created by a company called Aldus, and is now owned by Adobe systems, it is a file format for storing images, including line art and photographs. It was created due to the popularity of scanners and was thought-up to become the standard scanned image file format. It is a popular format for high-colour-depth images and it has also been adapted to accommodate greyscale images.|
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||A TIFF file is made up of many different blocks which define the palette data or the LZW-compressed body among other things. The byte order is either Motorola or Intel depending on the first word. if it is MM, then you have Motorola byte ordering and likewise if it is II it means you have Intel byte ordering. Each TIFF file begins with an image file header which then points to an image file directory which contains the image data and image information.|
|Associated programs||CyberLink PowerDVD
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Aldus, Adobe Systems|
|Useful links||More information about what a TIFF file is
How can you open a TIFF file ?
Convert XLS file
- xls to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- xls to csv (Comma Separated Values)
- xls to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- xls to html (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xls to html4 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xls to html5 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xls to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- xls to mdb (Microsoft Access Database)
- xls to numbers (Apple iWork Numbers Spreadsheet)
- xls to numbers09 (Apple iWork '09 Numbers Spreadsheet)
- xls to ods (OpenDocument spreadsheet)
- xls to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- xls to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- xls to rtf (Rich Text Format)
- xls to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- xls to txt (Text Document)
- xls to xlsx (Microsoft Excel 2007 Spreadsheet)
- xls to xml (Extensible Markup Language)
Other Useful Conversions: