Convert TIFF to JPG - online and free
How to convert a TIFF to a JPG file?
- Choose the TIFF file that you want to convert.
- Select JPG as the the format you want to convert your TIFF file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your TIFF file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use the Mac Preview application or a program such as Adobe Photoshop to open TIFF files.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||TIFF files are one of the rare file formats that actually predate the JPG file format having been developed five decades ago. A TIFF file is a compressed image file that was originally conceived to allow users to be able to open an image across different platforms and OS’s. Despite being a compressed file format the size of TIFF files still tend to be large which opened the door for a more efficient rival file format hence the creation of the JPG.|
|Actions||TIFF to JPG - Convert file now
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||TIFF files tends to use lossless compression, although they’re also sometimes compressed using lossy compression. The file itself is a container which is made up of raster images and the file itself can support 1-24-bit which is greater than many of its rivals at the time meaning that the TIFF file format was, and in some cases still is, popular amongst keen photographers who wanted to print crisp images.|
|Associated programs||CyberLink PowerDVD
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Aldus, Adobe Systems|
|Useful links||More information about what a TIFF file is
How can you open a TIFF file ?
|Description||A JPG is a compressed image format that became popular around the same sort of time as the Internet began to take off. The reason for that is because a JPG is small in size but crucially still high in quality and so when Internet speeds were not what they are now it was key that images were lightweight so the sites could load quickly. The JPG grew in popularity and became effectively the de-facto file format for anything image based.|
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||A JPG is smaller than a TIFF file and to the human eye there’s not much difference between the two quality wise. Unlike a TIFF file, which is a container file, the JPG is an image format that has gone through lossy compression to remove unnecessary data to make it smaller. Both formats were designed with ease of use in mind as both are able to be easily opened by different devices, OS’s and applications.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop
Corel Paint Shop Pro
Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer
|Developed by||The JPEG Committee|
|Useful links||More detailed information on JPG files
Choosing the best way to compress a JPG file
Convert TIFF file
- tiff to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- tiff to doc (Microsoft Word Document)
- tiff to docx (Microsoft Word 2007 Document)
- tiff to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- tiff to ico (Windows Icon)
- tiff to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- tiff to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- tiff to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- tiff to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- tiff to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- tiff to thumbnail (Thumbnail image)
- tiff to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- tiff to webp (Lossily compressed image file)
Other Useful Conversions: