Convert BMP to PCX - online and free
How to convert a BMP to a PCX file?
- Choose the BMP file that you want to convert.
- Select PCX as the the format you want to convert your BMP file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your BMP file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use MS Paint or most standard Image programs to open BMP files. If you own a Mac then you could use Mac Preview.
Or choose a different format
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||BMP is a standard image file format which was historically used by computers running the Windows operating system. The format is more commonly know as Bitmap files. The term bitmap was originally coined in computer programming to refer to a map of bits. Historically when you saved an image on your home PC you might have saved it as a .bhp file, this is becoming less common with .jpeg the preferred image file format with the advent of digital cameras.|
|Technical Details||Bitmap files are housed in a device-independent bitmap (DIB) format. The term device independent means that the bitmap specifies pixel color in a form independent of the method used by a display to represent color. This enables Windows to show the bitmap on any type of display device - such as your monitor.|
|Description||The .pcx file extension was developed in the 1980s by the ZSoft Corporation. It has since been superseded by other image formats such as png, giff and jpeg. The file type is used rarely at present, however certain scanning devices still output to the .pcx format.|
|Technical Details||The PCX format was one of the first common bitmap image formats. A PCX file comprises of three elements: the header, image data and the 256 colour palette. PCX utiises a lossless compression technique. The compression technique used is not processor intensive which was an advantage at the time of development due to the relatively limited processing power of hardware in the 1980s.|
|Developed by||ZSoft Corporation|
Convert BMP file
- bmp to doc (Microsoft Word Document)
- bmp to docx (Microsoft Word 2007 Document)
- bmp to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- bmp to ico (Windows Icon)
- bmp to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- bmp to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- bmp to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- bmp to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- bmp to ps (PostScript)
- bmp to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- bmp to thumbnail (Thumbnail image)
- bmp to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- bmp to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- bmp to webp (Lossily compressed image file)