Convert MOV to AVI - online and free
How to convert a MOV to a AVI file?
- Choose the MOV file that you want to convert.
- Select AVI as the the format you want to convert your MOV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your MOV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Quicktime to open MOV files. You could also consider using VLC which is a free downloadable program.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||The MOV file format is most commonly associated with Apple and the QuickTime video clip. The file format was developed by Apple as was QuickTime Player, it is compatible with both the Microsoft and MacOS platforms. MOV files are capable of storing two or more tracks which can be video, audio, text, graphics or effects. This flexibility makes this file format very popular for music and video editing.|
|Technical Details||MOV files use a proprietary compression algorithm and each track that is held within the file is made up of an encoded media stream or a reference to a media stream that is located in another file - this allows the embedding of existing media. QuickTime player which was developed and created by Apple allows a user to open and play .MOV files and later version of QuickTime Player, such as QuickTime Pro allows the user to edit and export .MOV files.|
|Description||AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. Files of this format have an .avi extension. Developed by Microsoft in 1992, it has become so widespread that many people consider it the de-facto standard for storing video and audio information on PC. AVI combines audio and video into a single file in a standard container to allow simultaneous playback. Its advatage is a simple architecture, due to which AVI runs on a number of different systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix and is supported by all of the most popular web-browsers.'|
|Technical Details||AVI is a derivative of the Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF), which divides a file's data into blocks, or chunks. Each chunk is identified by a FourCC tag. An AVI file takes the form of a single chunk in a RIFF formatted file, which is then subdivided into two mandatory chunks and one optional chunk. The first sub-chunk is identified by the hdrl tag. This sub-chunk is the file header and contains metadata about the video, such as its width, height and frame rate. The second sub-chunk is identified by the movi tag. This chunk contains the actual audio/visual data that make up the AVI movie. The third optional sub-chunk is identified by the idx1 tag which indexes the offsets of the data chunks within the file.|
Convert MOV file
- mov to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- mov to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- mov to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- mov to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- mov to avi (Windows video file)
- mov to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- mov to flv (Flash video)
- mov to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- mov to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mov to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mov to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mov to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- mov to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mov to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- mov to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- mov to wav (Windows audio file)
- mov to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- mov to wmv (Windows Media Video)