PPM converter - online and free
|A PPM file goes by the full name of a Portable Pixmap Image file and is a Raster image file. Raster files generally define a pixel with one or more number and that number then defines different attributes including the size and colour. A PPM file is no different, it is a 24-bit colour image file and each pixel is stored with a number between 0 and 65536 and the colour of the pixel will depend on that number. Like other Raster files, a PPM file also stores data like dimensions and white-space data. Unlike many other Raster image files, the PPM file is uncompressed meaning it has a prohibitively large file size and so PPM files are often not shared and because they’re not shared they’re not widely used either. Raster image files benefit from being able to be opened by almost any image program and the PPM file is no different in that respect in that it can be opened by MS Paint, Photoshop, PaintShop Pro and many other applications.|
We've recently developed real-time conversions, which means you never have to leave our site to convert and download your file.
Because the service is provided online, there are no software downloads needed. Instead, every conversion occurs in the cloud, meaning you can convert your file anytime and anywhere.
EASE OF USE
You can convert a file for free in just a few clicks, without any need to register for an account.
We've deliberately kept our site free from ads and focus solely on file conversion, which means you get your files converted quickly and hassle-free.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
Convert from PPM
Using Zamzar it is possible to convert from PPM to a variety of other formats
- ppm to ai (Adobe Illustrator Artwork)
- ppm to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- ppm to eps (Encapsulated PostScript)
- ppm to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- ppm to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- ppm to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- ppm to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- ppm to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- ppm to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- ppm to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- ppm to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- ppm to webp (Lossily compressed image file)