This page describes the policies and procedures related to Zamzar Ltd's treatment of Copyright, Trademark & Intellectual Property Infringement. It is subject to change from time to time - If we do make changes, we will indicate at the top of this page the policy's effective date. We encourage you to refer to this policy on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current terms.
- This policy is effective from 1st September 2006
1. Zamzar is an Online Service Provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512, commonly known as the Digital Millenium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). The DMCA provides in pertinent part that you can request an Online Service Provider to disable access to infringing material.
2. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Zamzar with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted/trademarked/patented work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the infringing material is located on the site;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement confirming you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf, for example: "I declare under penalty of perjury that this notice is true and correct, and that I am the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner. By:________________________(sign & print name)"
3. Participants of Zamzar's services upload, convert, access and use materials and services at their own risk. Zamzar does not monitor customer content. Zamzar will not be liable for any damages claimed as a result of Zamzar's services, information, or products. Each and every Participant is solely responsible for all materials stored with Zamzar, for accuracy of materials including warranties, and for acquiring all necessary authorizations for hyperlinks and marketing materials. Zamzar makes no express or implied warranty regarding the accuracy, quality, or nature of information that may be obtained by users or participants from the internet through the use of Zamzar's services.
4. Zamzar may, at its discretion, remove content, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be infringing the intellectual property rights of others or Zamzar, or otherwise potentially expose Zamzar to civil or criminal liability. However, such right shall in no way create an obligation for Zamzar to edit or review the Website(s) or Content.
5. If you believe access to your site was disabled improperly, you may submit a counter-notification pursuant to the DMCA.
By email: email@example.com
Att: Zamzar Ltd Copyright Agent