Convert CDR to AI - online and free
How to convert a CDR to a AI file?
- Choose the CDR file that you want to convert.
- Select AI as the the format you want to convert your CDR file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your CDR file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: The open source LibreOffice will also open CDR files if you do not have access to CorelDraw.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||CDR was a file format developed by the Corel Corporation and is used primarily for Vector graphic drawings. It is used as the default format from the Corel Draw application which was first developed in 1987 by Michael Bouillon and Pat Beirne who were tasked with developing a vector based illustration program that Corel could package with their desktop publishing solutions. In 2007 Microsoft took exception to the CDR format wrongly blaming it for some security vulnerabilities in it's Microsoft Office suite of products. They concluded that actually this was innacurate and developed a bunch of tools to allow users to import CDR files into MS Office 2003.|
|Actions||CDR to AI - Convert file now
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||There is no publicly available CDR file format specification. It has however evolved over time from it's initial offering in January 1989 to the present day where it is a different beast to what was initially developed to include including support for color management and spot colors, and has a basic support for text.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Illustrator
Corel PaintShop Photo Pro
Corel WordPerfect Office
|Developed by||Corel Corporation|
|Useful links||More information on the Coral Draw Package
|Description||Adobe Illustrator Artwork was developed by Adobe Systems for single page vector based drawings in either EPS or PDF formats. The AI format is a strictly limited simplified subset of the EPS format. It is the standard format used when saving out Adobe Illustrator files.|
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||Earlier versions of the AI format are restricted syntax that conform to DSC's Open Structuring Conventions. It was originally a native format called PGF. In order to make PDF files compatible can be achieved by embedding the PGF data within the saved PDF file. This same technique is used when saving EPS compatible files in recent versions of Illustrator.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop
Corel Paint Shop Pro
|Useful links||The File Formats of Illustrator
More information on the Adobe Illustrator Artwork
Convert CDR file
- cdr to ai (Adobe Illustrator Artwork)
- cdr to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- cdr to eps (Encapsulated PostScript)
- cdr to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- cdr to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- cdr to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- cdr to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- cdr to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- cdr to svg (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- cdr to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- cdr to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- cdr to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- cdr to webp (Lossily compressed image file)