Convert XLSX to XML - online and free
How to convert a XLSX to a XML file?
- Choose the XLSX file that you want to convert.
- Select XML as the the format you want to convert your XLSX file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your XLSX file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Open Office or Microsoft Office if you are on a Windows PC or Numbers if you are on a Mac.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||As part of Microsoft's 2007 Office suite of products another open XML document type was introduced. This time in the Excel sphere, Excel is known world wide. It is a powerful tool you can use to create and format spreadsheets, graphs, do complex maths and much more. You are able to create diverse spreadsheets with multiple workbooks, formulae, and various data sources. Files can be saved in the XLSX format, which is based on the Open XML format and uses ZIP compression for smaller file sizes.|
|Technical Details||XLSX improves file and data management and data recovery. XLSX extends what is possible with the binary files of earlier versions. Any application that supports XML can access and work with data in the new file format. The application does not need to be a Microsoft product it can be any application. Users can also use standard transformations to extract or repurpose the data. In addition, security concerns are drastically reduced because the information is stored in XML, which is essentially plain text. Thus, the data can pass through corporate firewalls without hindrance.|
|Description||XML is a file type containing a markup language. This is readable by both a human user and an application. Designed to be a store data, rather than display data, it is a platform independent language and allows users to define their own tags. Its portability and vendor independence have made this a hugely popular file format, particularly online. XML allows structure to be given to data which allows other applications to interpret and process the data within an XML file. XML is considered as important to the web as HTML.|
|Technical Details||All .XML files contain a basic structure within which users can define their own tags. Each file starts with what is called the XML declaration. This defines the version and encoding within the file itself. The file must then define a root element, also known as the parent element. The root element then has child element(s). All tags in an XML file must have a corresponding closing tag. XML files can contain comments, entity references and attributes. Applications can then be developed to extract the values within a file and represent them as desired.|
|Developed by||World Wide Web Consortium|
Convert XLSX file
- xlsx to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- xlsx to csv (Comma Separated Values)
- xlsx to excel (Microsoft Excel 1997 - 2003)
- xlsx to html (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xlsx to html4 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xlsx to html5 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- xlsx to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- xlsx to mdb (Microsoft Access Database)
- xlsx to numbers (Apple iWork Numbers Spreadsheet)
- xlsx to numbers09 (Apple iWork '09 Numbers Spreadsheet)
- xlsx to ods (OpenDocument spreadsheet)
- xlsx to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- xlsx to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- xlsx to rtf (Rich Text Format)
- xlsx to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- xlsx to txt (Text Document)
- xlsx to xls (Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet)
- xlsx to xml (Extensible Markup Language)