Convert FLV to WMV - online and free
How to convert a FLV to a WMV file?
- Choose the FLV file that you want to convert.
- Select WMV as the the format you want to convert your FLV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your FLV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Rather than downloading a flash media player you could consider using the free open source VLC media player.
Step 1 - Select a file(s) to convert
Step 2 - Convert your files to
Or choose a different format
Step 3 - Start converting
(And agree to our Terms)
We'll get right on it
Overall conversion/upload progress:
|File Name||File Size||Progress|
Click Choose Files to add more files or Convert Now to start converting your files
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||The Flash Video format is a video format defined by Adobe Systems. Flash Video has been accepted as the default online video format by many sites. Notable users of it include YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Yahoo! Video, metacafe, Reuters.com, and many other news providers. Flash Video is viewable on most operating systems except iOS, via the Adobe Flash Player and web browser plugin or one of several third-party programs.|
|Technical Details||Flash Video FLV files contain video bit streams which are a proprietary variant of the H.263 video standard, under the name of Sorenson Spark (FourCC FLV1). Sorenson Spark is an older codec for FLV files but it is also a widely available and compatible one, because it was the first video codec supported in Flash Player. The Flash Video FLV file format supports two versions of a so called 'screenshare' (Screen video) codec which is an encoding format designed for screencasts. Both these formats are bitmap tile based, can be lossy by reducing color depths and are compressed using zlib. The second version is only playable in Flash Player 8 and newer - Audio in Flash Video files is usually encoded as MP3. However, audio in Flash Video FLV files recorded from the user's microphone use the proprietary Nellymoser Asao Codec. FLV files also support uncompressed audio or ADPCM format audio.|
|Developed by||Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|Description||WMV files are a type of video file (usually containing audio) from Microsoft. These files can be played on a variety of video players on both Mac and PC machines. Some WMV files may have digital rights management (DRM) protection which prevents users from making unauthorized copies of files purchased in online stores.|
|Technical Details||Windows Media Video (WMV) is a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. These files are based on the Microsoft Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format encoded using the Windows Media Video (WMV) codec.|
Convert FLV file
- flv to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- flv to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- flv to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- flv to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- flv to avi (Windows video file)
- flv to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- flv to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- flv to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- flv to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- flv to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- flv to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- flv to wav (Windows audio file)
- flv to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- flv to wmv (Windows Media Video)