Convert FLV to MOV - online and free - this page also contains information on the FLV and MOV file extensions.
How to convert a FLV to a MOV file?
- Choose the FLV file that you want to convert.
- Select MOV as the the format you want to convert your FLV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your FLV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Rather than downloading a flash media player you could consider using the free open source VLC media player.
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||The Flash Video format is a video format defined by Adobe Systems. Flash Video has been accepted as the default online video format by many sites. Notable users of it include YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Yahoo! Video, metacafe, Reuters.com, and many other news providers. Flash Video is viewable on most operating systems except iOS, via the Adobe Flash Player and web browser plugin or one of several third-party programs.|
|Actions||FLV to MOV - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||Flash Video FLV files contain video bit streams which are a proprietary variant of the H.263 video standard, under the name of Sorenson Spark (FourCC FLV1). Sorenson Spark is an older codec for FLV files but it is also a widely available and compatible one, because it was the first video codec supported in Flash Player. The Flash Video FLV file format supports two versions of a so called 'screenshare' (Screen video) codec which is an encoding format designed for screencasts. Both these formats are bitmap tile based, can be lossy by reducing color depths and are compressed using zlib. The second version is only playable in Flash Player 8 and newer - Audio in Flash Video files is usually encoded as MP3. However, audio in Flash Video FLV files recorded from the user's microphone use the proprietary Nellymoser Asao Codec. FLV files also support uncompressed audio or ADPCM format audio.|
Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|Useful links||How to play FLV Files
More detailed information on FLV Files
|Description||The MOV file format is most commonly associated with Apple and the QuickTime video clip. The file format was developed by Apple as was QuickTime Player, it is compatible with both the Microsoft and MacOS platforms. MOV files are capable of storing two or more tracks which can be video, audio, text, graphics or effects. This flexibility makes this file format very popular for music and video editing.|
|Actions||Convert MOV file
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||MOV files use a proprietary compression algorithm and each track that is held within the file is made up of an encoded media stream or a reference to a media stream that is located in another file - this allows the embedding of existing media. QuickTime player which was developed and created by Apple allows a user to open and play .MOV files and later version of QuickTime Player, such as QuickTime Pro allows the user to edit and export .MOV files.|
|Associated programs||Apple QuickTime Player
Roxio Easy Media Creator
|Useful links||More detail on the MOV file format
Download the latest version of QuickTime
Convert MOV file
Convert FLV file
- flv to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- flv to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- flv to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- flv to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- flv to avi (Windows video file)
- flv to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- flv to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- flv to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- flv to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- flv to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- flv to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- flv to wav (Windows audio file)
- flv to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- flv to wmv (Windows Media Video)