Convert TIFF to BMP - online and free
How to convert a TIFF to a BMP file?
- Choose the TIFF file that you want to convert.
- Select BMP as the the format you want to convert your TIFF file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your TIFF file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use the Mac Preview application or a program such as Adobe Photoshop to open TIFF files.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||Tiff was originally created by a company called Aldus, and is now owned by Adobe systems, it is a file format for storing images, including line art and photographs. It was created due to the popularity of scanners and was thought-up to become the standard scanned image file format. It is a popular format for high-colour-depth images and it has also been adapted to accommodate greyscale images.|
|Actions||TIFF to BMP - Convert file now
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||A TIFF file is made up of many different blocks which define the palette data or the LZW-compressed body among other things. The byte order is either Motorola or Intel depending on the first word. if it is MM, then you have Motorola byte ordering and likewise if it is II it means you have Intel byte ordering. Each TIFF file begins with an image file header which then points to an image file directory which contains the image data and image information.|
|Associated programs||CyberLink PowerDVD
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Aldus, Adobe Systems|
|Useful links||More information about what a TIFF file is
How can you open a TIFF file ?
|Description||BMP is a standard image file format which was historically used by computers running the Windows operating system. The format is more commonly know as Bitmap files. The term bitmap was originally coined in computer programming to refer to a map of bits. Historically when you saved an image on your home PC you might have saved it as a .bhp file, this is becoming less common with .jpeg the preferred image file format with the advent of digital cameras.|
View other image file formats
|Technical Details||Bitmap files are housed in a device-independent bitmap (DIB) format. The term device independent means that the bitmap specifies pixel color in a form independent of the method used by a display to represent color. This enables Windows to show the bitmap on any type of display device - such as your monitor.|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop
Microsoft Photo Editor
|Useful links||More detailed information on BMP files
What programs can I use to open a BMP file ?
Convert TIFF file
- tiff to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- tiff to doc (Microsoft Word Document)
- tiff to docx (Microsoft Word 2007 Document)
- tiff to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- tiff to ico (Windows Icon)
- tiff to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- tiff to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- tiff to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- tiff to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- tiff to tga (Truevision Targa Graphic)
- tiff to thumbnail (Thumbnail image)
- tiff to wbmp (Wireless Bitmap File Format)
- tiff to webp (Lossily compressed image file)