Convert FLV to OGG - online and free - this page also contains information on the FLV and OGG file extensions.
How to convert a FLV to a OGG file?
- Choose the FLV file that you want to convert.
- Select OGG as the the format you want to convert your FLV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your FLV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Rather than downloading a flash media player you could consider using the free open source VLC media player.
Zamzar has converted over 400 million files since 2006
|Description||The Flash Video format is a video format defined by Adobe Systems. Flash Video has been accepted as the default online video format by many sites. Notable users of it include YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Yahoo! Video, metacafe, Reuters.com, and many other news providers. Flash Video is viewable on most operating systems except iOS, via the Adobe Flash Player and web browser plugin or one of several third-party programs.|
|Actions||FLV to OGG - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||Flash Video FLV files contain video bit streams which are a proprietary variant of the H.263 video standard, under the name of Sorenson Spark (FourCC FLV1). Sorenson Spark is an older codec for FLV files but it is also a widely available and compatible one, because it was the first video codec supported in Flash Player. The Flash Video FLV file format supports two versions of a so called 'screenshare' (Screen video) codec which is an encoding format designed for screencasts. Both these formats are bitmap tile based, can be lossy by reducing color depths and are compressed using zlib. The second version is only playable in Flash Player 8 and newer - Audio in Flash Video files is usually encoded as MP3. However, audio in Flash Video FLV files recorded from the user's microphone use the proprietary Nellymoser Asao Codec. FLV files also support uncompressed audio or ADPCM format audio.|
Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|Useful links||How to play FLV Files
More detailed information on FLV Files
Convert FLV file
|Description||The .ogg file format is a type of audio file that makes use of open source Ogg Vorbis compression. It is supported by devices such as Archos and Samsung but is not supported by Apple iOS devices. The .ogg format has been utilised for the provision of streaming audio. The file format is unlikely at present to take a dominant share of the digital music market due to the synonymous nature of MP3 with digital audio.|
|Actions||Convert OGG file
View other music file formats
|Technical Details||The .ogg format is actually a container that potentially allows for different streams of audio, video and metadata. Ogg Vorbis is the compression format. It provides medium to high quality audio at between 16 and 128 kbps/channel and is better quality sound than mp3. The OGG file type is a lossy codec which means that data is discarded as part of the compression technique, resulting in a smaller file size. Ogg files are optimised for music files, but will still be of acceptable quality for speech only files.|
|Associated programs||Apple QuickTime Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Xiph.Org Foundation|
|Useful links||Ogg Vorbis Documentation
Convert OGG file
Convert FLV file
- flv to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- flv to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- flv to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- flv to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- flv to avi (Windows video file)
- flv to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- flv to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- flv to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- flv to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- flv to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- flv to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- flv to wav (Windows audio file)
- flv to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- flv to wmv (Windows Media Video)