Convert FLV to FLAC - online and free - this page also contains information on the FLV and FLAC file extensions.
How to convert a FLV to a FLAC file?
- Choose the FLV file that you want to convert.
- Select FLAC as the the format you want to convert your FLV file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your FLV file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: Rather than downloading a flash media player you could consider using the free open source VLC media player.
Zamzar has converted over 400 million files since 2006
|Description||The Flash Video format is a video format defined by Adobe Systems. Flash Video has been accepted as the default online video format by many sites. Notable users of it include YouTube, Hulu, VEVO, Yahoo! Video, metacafe, Reuters.com, and many other news providers. Flash Video is viewable on most operating systems except iOS, via the Adobe Flash Player and web browser plugin or one of several third-party programs.|
|Actions||FLV to FLAC - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||Flash Video FLV files contain video bit streams which are a proprietary variant of the H.263 video standard, under the name of Sorenson Spark (FourCC FLV1). Sorenson Spark is an older codec for FLV files but it is also a widely available and compatible one, because it was the first video codec supported in Flash Player. The Flash Video FLV file format supports two versions of a so called 'screenshare' (Screen video) codec which is an encoding format designed for screencasts. Both these formats are bitmap tile based, can be lossy by reducing color depths and are compressed using zlib. The second version is only playable in Flash Player 8 and newer - Audio in Flash Video files is usually encoded as MP3. However, audio in Flash Video FLV files recorded from the user's microphone use the proprietary Nellymoser Asao Codec. FLV files also support uncompressed audio or ADPCM format audio.|
Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Adobe Systems Incorporated|
|Useful links||How to play FLV Files
More detailed information on FLV Files
Convert FLV file
|Description||Free Lossless Audio Codec, or FLAC for short, is an audio compression technique. It is a lossless compression type meaning that the compression takes place without data being discarded. FLAC is an open source codec. FLAC is a format that is recommended to those backing up a CD collection because the sound quality will remain high, whereas MP3 compression will result in a deterioration compared to the original.|
|Actions||Convert FLAC file
View other music file formats
|Technical Details||Using FLAC to compress an audio file to approximately 50% of its original size. The main benefits of a FLAC file in addition to it being lossless is that it can be used for streaming, and decoding is fast, allowing for real time decoding to take place. A FLAC file also contains several data integrity checks in the header file. The metadata associated with the audio has been future proofed also to allow new fields to be defined without impacting existing decoders.|
|Associated programs||Real Player
VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Developed by||Xiph.Org Foundation|
|Useful links||Detailed Information on FLAC
More Information on FLAC
Convert FLAC file
Convert FLV file
- flv to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- flv to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- flv to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- flv to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- flv to avi (Windows video file)
- flv to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- flv to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- flv to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- flv to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- flv to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- flv to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- flv to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- flv to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- flv to wav (Windows audio file)
- flv to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- flv to wmv (Windows Media Video)