Convert MOD to AVI - online and free
How to convert a MOD to a AVI file?
- Choose the MOD file that you want to convert.
- Select AVI as the the format you want to convert your MOD file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your MOD file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can play MOD files through the Windows Media Player if you are on a Windows computer.
You're in good company:
Zamzar has converted over 510 million files since 2006
|Description||The MOD file format was developed by Panasonic and JVC for camcorders that record onto a hard disk or SD memory card rather than tape. MOD continues to be the format of choice for a number of camcorder manufacturers. The file type is very similar to MPEG2 format. MOD files are capable of containing both standard definition and high definition video, however a number of manufacturers use the TOD file format instead as this allows for full 1080i high definition.|
|Actions||MOD to AVI - Convert file now
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||A .mod file supports a maximum resolution of 720 x 480 and a video signal of 480i or 576i. The supported frame aspect ratios are 4:3 or 16:9, however in some situations decoders fail to detect the correct aspect and display in 4:3. A separate file is created along with the MOD file called an MOI file. This records metadata relating to the recording such as date, time etc. This format should not be confused with the MOD sound file format, developed for use in the 1980s for early Amiga consoles.|
|Associated programs||Quicktime Player
VLC Media Player
Windows Media Player
|Useful links||More Information on MOD
Guide to MOD Files
|Description||AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. Files of this format have an .avi extension. Developed by Microsoft in 1992, it has become so widespread that many people consider it the de-facto standard for storing video and audio information on PC. AVI combines audio and video into a single file in a standard container to allow simultaneous playback. Its advatage is a simple architecture, due to which AVI runs on a number of different systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix and is supported by all of the most popular web-browsers.'|
View other video file formats
|Technical Details||AVI is a derivative of the Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF), which divides a file's data into blocks, or chunks. Each chunk is identified by a FourCC tag. An AVI file takes the form of a single chunk in a RIFF formatted file, which is then subdivided into two mandatory chunks and one optional chunk. The first sub-chunk is identified by the hdrl tag. This sub-chunk is the file header and contains metadata about the video, such as its width, height and frame rate. The second sub-chunk is identified by the movi tag. This chunk contains the actual audio/visual data that make up the AVI movie. The third optional sub-chunk is identified by the idx1 tag which indexes the offsets of the data chunks within the file.|
Apple QuickTime Player
Microsoft Windows Media Player
VideoLAN VLC Media Player
|Useful links||More detail on the AVI file
What programs can I use to open an AVI file ?
Convert MOD file
- mod to 3gp (3GPP Multimedia File)
- mod to 3g2 (3GPP2 Multimedia File)
- mod to aac (Advanced Audio Coding File)
- mod to ac3 (AC3 Audio File)
- mod to avi (Windows video file)
- mod to flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- mod to flv (Flash video)
- mod to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- mod to ipad (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mod to iphone (MPEG-4 (H264) Video File)
- mod to ipod (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mod to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- mod to mov (Apple QuickTime Movie)
- mod to mp4 (MPEG-4 Video File)
- mod to mpg (Moving Picture Experts Group File)
- mod to ogg (Ogg Vorbis Compressed Audio File)
- mod to wav (Windows audio file)
- mod to webm (Multimedia Container Format)
- mod to wmv (Windows Media Video)